Mind over matter...Never give up

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 Race Calendar

So I am totally stealing my friend John's idea and posting my 2011 race calendar. By the way check out John's new blog if you haven't already at (hope the link will work).


My race calendar is as follows for 2011. Hope I survive!

Mar 5 - St. Patty's Run Green 8K (I haven't registered yet but the fact that they move it to a Saturday, change the course a bit from the first year from what I've heard and added 2 water stops makes me want to run it again). See my list of "worst races ever" and you'll see that the 2009 race was on there. - UPDATE, decided not to do this one, too much crammed into one weekend!

Mar 12 - Run for the Oaks (I ran this in the freezing rain in 2009 so hoping the weather will be better.) - DONE, great race, PR!

Mar 20 - Quintiles Wrightsville Beach Half Marathon (I work at Q now, but also wanted to visit Wrightsville Beach again and run a flat race. Same day as Tobacco Road so I am sure most of my friends will be at that one.) - DONE, beautiful day and great course, PR!

Apr 2 - Jogging for your Noggin (Tentative, still thinking about this one.) - UPDATE, bailing on this one, again another busy weekend and I'd like to go watch the Umstead 100 instead.

Apr 10 - Raleigh Rocks Half Marathon (I heard they changed the course and it's now starting at RBC so I may try this one. Never ran the prior course but heard it was a challenge.) - UPDATE, likely won't do this one but still on the fence.  Since I PR'd in Wrightsville Beach, I though I'd take a break and focus on the 5K for a bit.  We'll see.

Apr 17 - Second Empire 5K (My first race ever in NC was this race in 2008.)

May 22 - Inside-Out Sports Half Marathon (Likely won't be a PR but I'll treat it as a long run).

Jul - Great Raleigh Road Race (I haven't seen it posted yet but hoping they'll still have it this year. I really loved this course in 2009.)

Jul 17 - Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon (Yay, I got in through the lottery.  Still working on logistics to see if I can go.)

Aug - Friesen Run with the Canes 5K (Tentative, but sounds fun.)

Sep - Magnificent Mile (Always wanted to run this one, hope I'll be ready!)

Oct 15 - Run for Healthier Babies (My current 5K PR, ran it in 2009.)

Nov - Either City of Oaks Half or OBX Half (Tentative)

Nov 24 - Either the Inside Out Sport Turkey Trot or the Grand Strand Turkey Trot, depending on whether we are home in Cary or away in Myrtle Beach.

Dec - Jingle Bell Run (I have run this twice and it's lots of fun.)

Dec 10 - Kiawah Island Half Marathon (Sounds like a good winter mini vacation spot.)

I missed the boat this year on the two other races I'd like to run since they both close very quickly each year. I'll likely shoot for those in 2012. These are the Covered Bridges Half Marathon in Vermont in June and the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon in July. I am, however, entered in the lottery for the Napa to Sonoma one, so I'll hear in March if I got in or not. That would be way cool!  UPDATE - Got into Napa to Sonoma!  Maybe I can to the Covered Bridges next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment